5.6.11

ALBERTA June 3

The beginning of June found me on Primrose Lake Road northwest of Cold Lake. It was a crisp cold morning with virtually no wind. I was hoping this might be the day I got some decent pics of CONNECTICUT WARBLER. As luck would have it there four singing males in one small and soon I had one male in the scope singing high from the treetops. I spent twenty minutes watching it in the scope obtaining incredible views as it sang repeatedly. Here is a photo of this great bird.



Other great finds around Cold Lake included scope views of Nelson's and Le Conte's Sparrows, White-winged Crossbills, a point blank male American Three-toed Woodpecker, many warblers including Mourning and Canada at point blank range, heard Yellow Rail, great views of Virginia and Sora rails, distant Sabine's Gulls and a great view of a Fisher. My next stop is Luck Lake, Saskatchewan where hopefully there will be good numbers of shorebirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment