4.5.10

PELEE - May 4th

I spent the morning taking photos around Point Pelee. The weather was good for photography but unlike the last two days, there were very few migrants. I decided to focus on other subjects and there was no shortage of those! The early morning was spent photographing MayApple and other plants, most of which had a nice coating of dew or water droplets.



The birds were not flying but with the sunny mild conditions, it was a good day for butterfly activity. Among the species seen were my first MONARCH of the year. This AMERICAN PAINTED LADY was one of several dozen seen. Most were feeding on flowering GARLIC MUSTARD.



When the opportunities popped up, I did manage to get some images common breeders. Although the background is a bit busy, I liked this image of a co-operative male AMERICAN ROBIN.


No comments:

Post a Comment